Hey guys… Happy Monday Afternoon! 😉
Well, I’m only a little over two weeks late on this month’s update. Whoops,
although that’s really progress for me! Sometimes I feel I delay these updates, because I partially wanna believe that that will sloooowwwww the time down. My little munchkin is growing up SO fast guys!!! #Bittersweet
Ethan’s 9 MONTH UPDATE
My little master chef! 🙂
Weight & Height: At his 9 month appointment, Ethan weighed in at about 23 lbs and 29 inches and a half inches long (both of which were well in the 80-90 percentile). Yep, he’s such a tall, healthy & happy baby!
Eating: He’s doing pretty well, but I’m noticing that he’s def. a bit pickier nowadays…and we’re slowly starting to transition him out of his hypoallergenic formula to a toddler transition/milk-based formula. We’re starting with just one bottle of it a day, and then we’ll increase it from there. His feeding schedule is pretty much the same and the only really big changes are introducing a little dairy into his diet:
- 7:15am(ish) – 4 oz. bottle of formula
- 8:30am – usually some fruit combo and oatmeal
- 11:00am-11:30am – 4 or 6oz bottle formula
- 12:00-12:30pm – typically, home-made soup and some veggies/fruit puree
- 3-4:00pm – 4 or 6oz. bottle formula
- 6:00pm – Dinner: 4 oz. of Earth’s Best stage 3 food/dinner or something homemade (i.e. butternut squash, sweet potato or a mixed veggie puree)
- 6:30 – 4oz bottle formula
- 7:30pm 4 or 6 oz. bottle of formula at bedtime
We introduced a couple more new foods this month also:
- creamed spinach
- apricots and yogurt
I really want to start introducing more actual solids that he can eat as finger foods, such as avocado pieces and/or bits of pasta, but we’re taking it slow since he’s been kind of fussy, due to more teething.
Sleeping (naps): Naps have stayed pretty much the same. He’s usually a pretty good napper… most days, he’s taking two naps between 9-10am and 2-3pm (depends on when he last woke up) and each one lasts about an hour to 2 hours.
Sleeping (at night): So much better!! We have a bedtime routine that he’s adjusted to very well… and now, he’ll sleep through the night, from about 7:30pm – 6:30 or 7:00am, most nights. He’ll whimper a bit sometimes at around 3 or 4am, but so long as we give him a pacifier, he’ll usually go right back to sleep.
Clothing: “Some” 9 month onesies, but mostly 12(!!) month clothing, along with size 3 diapers.
New this month: Some progress this month!
- Still no crawling yet BUT he now gets in the crawling stance on his own and rocks back and forth on his own!
- New sounds! He loves saying “bababa,” in the morning when he wakes up, and he’ll say “dadada,” when he sees his dad (lol)! Still no “mama’s” in there, but I’m working on it. 😉
- Walking EVERYWHERE in his little walker! I just recently bought a safety gate for the stairs, because it’s become More Than needed ‘round these parts.
- Due to his big growth spurt, we also upgraded carseats to a bigger evenflo version.
- We’ve now added “brushing teeth” to the bedtime routine. I use quotations because we don’t use toothpaste yet (lol), it’s just the action of brushing with water to get him used to it, per the doctor’s instructions.
- Ethan visited his first pumpkin patch. We had a great time!