Ok ok… So yes, I’m waaayyyy late (SMH at me) but had to give this little guy
who’s not so little anymore a proper post. I’ve said it before but can’t say it enough… this strong, adventurous little cutie pie has completely stolen my heart. Yay Ethan!!!
Weight & Height: Not sure, but I’m guessing he’s at least a pretty solid 22 pounds by now. Will be able to confirm more at his 9 month appointment in 2 weeks!
Eating: Still going pretty well! He’s still drinking 6 to 8 bottles of hypoallergenic formula per day, and getting 3 solids meals, as well (sometimes 4 – if he gets a snack at daycare)!
I also introduced a couple new foods this month, some of which were hits (and others were misses)…
- Homemade vegetable lasagna (Total Hit!)
- Steamed/pureed apples and pears (Hit!)
- Pureed apples & carrots (Miss!)
- Pureed black beans and brown rice (Hit!)
- Steamed/Pureed asparagus, carrots and corn (Miss!)
- Strawberry, peach and banana smoothie (Hit!)
- Mixed vegetables pureed sans the aspargus (Hit!)
- Gerber puffs (Miss!)
We’ve been working on incorporating more finger foods (i.e. little pieces of bread, or butternut squash or puffs), but it’s been a bit of a miss, so far. He’s pretty good at picking up a few foods, but he has absolutely NO INTEREST in eating them. He’d rather observe the food, or toss it. Sigh… we’re still working on it. Lol.
Sleeping (naps): Ethan is still pretty consistent with his naps this month. Usually, he takes two naps at 10am and 1 or 2pm and each one lasts about an hour (or an hour and a half, occasionally). Sometimes it takes a little more effort to get him down to sleep though; and sometimes he’ll skip his morning nap altogether.
Sleeping (at night): This has actually gotten LOADS better! He pretty much sleeps through the night, only waking around midnight or 2-3am if he’s still a little hungry. However, this month has also brought along Ethan’s first cold… And a baby with a cold can really throw things off in this department! Once the cold arrived, he was waking up 2-3 times during the night, mostly because of his coughing/sneezing. Poor guy!!! Thankfully, with the help of lots of TLC, warm soup, a little Tylenol and the awesome Nose Frida, he’s getting much better.
Clothing: Welp, we have quite the growing boy on our hands… Ethan can only fit some 6-9 month clothing, and mostly wears 9 month clothes and 12(!!) month clothing. All those clothes that family/friends bought for him which were once way too big, now fit pretty nicely I must say. Thanks guys! Lol!
New this month: Oh my goodness, so much going on this month!
- No crawling yet, but he loves to be on his feet! He can stand on his own, with only a little support now. We’re guessing that he’s going to skip crawling altogether and go straight to walking. Yikes – gotta prepare for that one!
- Clapping – he claps occasionally now, and I love it!
- Really showing his preference for things (mostly books!!) – he can be surrounded by toys, but if there’s a book nearby, that’s usually what he’ll lunge for and grab!
- A chatterbox – he just loves hearing his voice and is usually either babbling or blowing raspberries.
- Holds his bottle all by himself…
when he feels like itsometimes. Ha!
- Hitting pretty much anything! It’s his new favorite thing to do… he hits the table on his high chair, hits my hand (when I extend it out to him, like a high five)… pretty much anything near him. Lol!
- Solid foods
- Attempting to stand
- Reading books
- Listening to music
- Being sung to
- Being held
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Sesame Street
- The remote control (the real one…of course!)
- My cell phone or daddy/hubby’s cell phone
- Splashing in the tub
- Sticking his tongue out and making funny sounds with it
- Looking at himself in the mirror
- Elements of surprise (peek-a-boo, sneaking up on him)
- Dancing! Now, when he’s doing tummy time, he does this head nod thing to whatever music is playing or whenever daddy/hubby prompts him to do it. It is Too Cute!!!
- Leaning back into pillows when he’s seated on his play mat. This little guy is just all over the place! 🙂
P.S. Super BIG Shout Out to the hubby for completing his 3rd marathon – this one was in Chicago! He did soo well & finished strong! Love him! Annndddd that’s all for now folks! Until next time!! 🙂