My word, why do fabulously FUN weekends with family end so quickly?? (**can you tell I love alliteration yet?) No complaints though. This weekend will def. go down in the books of “Family Fun.” 🙂
The Weekend Memories:
* Parents arrived Friday afternoon and stayed with my sister overnight, and then she cooked them a yummy breakfast before they all hit the road and came to visit me & hubby!
* Oh, did I mention that me and my sis ended up wearing the EXACT same thing (black maxi dress and a jean jacket) without consulting each other?! I tell you, that twin thing knows no bounds. 😉
* It’s hard to believe that it was the first time the parents visited us at our place, so naturally we gave them a mini tour. Nothing super fancy, but my mom loves to take pictures nonetheless. Gotta love her!
* Next, we checked mom, dad and sis into a swanky nearby hotel suite and proceeded to walk around and enjoy the downtown Silver Spring area festivities. There were vendors out, a band singing and playing LIVE music, kids enjoying the water… it was such a great time! Did I mention we all got some froyo too?? Sorry, no pics – it was
consumed too fast way too good to snap a picture first. My secret trick to froyo is to only get half a cup of fat-free/sugar-free vanilla froyo, so I can fill it with all the yummy toppings I want. And that way, the calories totally don’t count. Am I right???
* Afterwards, we all headed back to the hotel suite and watched a marathon of my absolute FAVE Food Network show – Chopped! Laughing, catching up and guessing who would be next to get chopped… it reeallly doesn’t get much better than that!
* But then it did! 😉 We headed out to Georgia Brown’s for a jazz brunch early Sunday afternoon, after catching church service via Livestream! The jazz band was PHENOMENAL and the food was even better! We have the smiles to prove it!
Sorry the pics came out so dark… the lighting wasn’t the best in there. All in all, it was a great Father’s Day weekend and I was so happy to spend it with my family!
How did you spend your Father’s Day?
What’s your favorite family fun memory?