The week, that is! 😉 This weekend was so monumental in so many ways (many, many thanks to that super supportive hubby of mine, who traveled & drove many hours in CT with me, to ensure that I was able to take my Final Comp exam on time) but I will get into that later. Today, I’m so excited to share more about the Liebster Award that I was recently nominated for by Charlotte – thanks again!!
The rules are:
1. List 11 Random Facts about myself
2. Answer 11 questions that Charlotte wrote for me
3. Pass the torch by nominating 11 bloggers (or 5, in my case 😉 )
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees
5. Display the Liebster Award logo
Soooo, let’s jump right into it! Here are 11 random facts about me...
1. I love books! I can spend hours in a bookstore and never get bored.
2. My nickname/pet name (from the hubby) is Koko Panda… and yes, I have a stuffed panda bear, which we also call “Koko Panda.” There is a story behind the name… feel free to comment if you’re interested in hearing it. Lol.
3. I can recite the alphabet backwards – with the sing-songy voice and all
4. I was a vegetarian for about 5 years.
5. I met my now-husband in Puerto Rico while I was on a “girls trip/vacation” and he was on a “boyz trip/vacation.”
6. I walk great in heels but trip over myself all the time in flats. Go figure, lol.
7. Next to my hubby, my twin sister is my best friend and the coolest person you’d ever want to meet.
8. Before I started blogging, I used to comment on quite a few blogs under the name “Koryn **soon to be wife & blogger**” and then “Koryn **wife & soon to be blogger**.”
9. “Martin” and “Friends” are two TV shows that I could watch over and over and still laugh my head off.
10. My faith/relationship with God is of the utmost importance to me.
11. I. Can’t. Wait. To. Graduate. And. Get. My. Masters. In. Human. Nutrition.
And here are my answers to Charlotte’s questions…
1. How many siblings do you have and where do you fall in birth order?
I have two siblings, a twin sister and a younger brother. I am the first born!
2. What is your most embarrassing childhood memory?
That would be the memory of me at the age of 7 or 8, on one of my first family vacations where I was happily floating along in the tube at the pool… until the tube busted suddenly, leaving me sinking into the very deep 5ft of water. Thankfully, my cousin rescued me, after which I ran to my mother and exclaimed “Mommy, I drowned!” in the most frantic/exasperated tone you can think of! My whole family was in stitches over this, while my mother just smiled sweetly and said “Honey, if you drowned, you wouldn’t be standing here.” I was bewildered for a good few minutes as to why everyone was laughing at my “traumatic” experience until my mom explained what “drowning” really meant. **P.S. No children were harmed in this story. I was just a very dramatic child**
3. What is your favorite junk food snack?
Kettle-cooked potato chips! Give me a few salty/crunchy potato chips and I’m a happy girl! 😉
4. If you were a super hero, what would your name be?
Koko Panda (for the reason, see my random facts – Above)
5. What is one thing you can not live without?
Love! Since God is love, this is very accurate. 😉
6. What was your undergrad major and does it relate to what you’re doing now?
Yes, it does actually. I went to college for a degree in TV/Film Media and I’ve worked at cable TV networks since college. I worked at Discovery Networks for most of my career and now work at TV One.
7. If you were a sitcom character, which one would you be?
Claire Huxtable (from “The Cosby Show”)! Who didn’t love Claire?! She was witty, stylish a great/healthy cook, intelligent, a great mom and wife– she had it all and managed everything so well. Plus, we’re so similar! Ya know, other than the fact that she was a lawyer married to a doctor, had 5 kids, and was
much older than me. You guys see the correlation though, right?
8. If you could get any celebrity to play you in the movie of your life, who would you choose?
Gabrielle Union! Love her!
9. Would you rather win an Emmy, an Oscar, a Tony or a Grammy?
Oscar! I may (or may not have)
daydreamed about envisioned me accepting my award, one day.
10. If you could go on a one month vacation starting tomorrow, where would you go?
Either back to Puerto Rico or Fiji! Yes to crystal clear water and warm sand – ahhhhh! 🙂
11. Are you a morning, afternoon and/ or evening exerciser?
Definitely a morning exerciser… most days (like today), I’m up before 5am so I can get my running/cardio done early. 😉
And Now… My nominees in alphabetical order are as follows:
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees..
1. Who would you love to meet and why?
2. What is your happiest childhood memory?
3. What do you do in your free time?
4. If you were president, what would you do first?
5. What are three possessions you cannot live without?
6. What is your all-time favorite comedy movie?
7. Tell me about your favorite book, or magazine?
8. What was the last movie you’ve watched?
9. What country would you like to visit the most and why?
10. What was your favorite sitcom growing up?
11. Do you prefer flats, heels or sneakers? Why?
**DISCLAIMER: My sincerest apologies to anyone nominated who already has over 200 followers… feel free to still participate if you’d like, for fun! If not, no harm, no foul. And thanks for reading this super long,
but super fun post! 😉 Happy Monday guys!!**