Hey Folks! It’s that time again… the start of the weekend – i.e. Fantastic Friday!
So, this week I thought I’d change it up a bit and share one of my new fave fish recipes! For as long as I can remember, I’ve heard about the common tradition of eating fish on Fridays. I was one of those weird kids who didn’t care for seafood until I was well into adulthood so, no, I never took part…. I know… the shame! Typically though, the tradition usually consists of fried fish sandwiches or good ole’ fish & chips! Def. not knocking having either dish, on occasion, but this recipe has completely taken the cake! I’ll just say this… it’s super easy to make, it involves catfish, sun-dried tomatoes and the presentation is sexy enough for Friday (or any) date nights! 😉 Translation: You. Must. Try. This. Healthy. Alternative!
Recipe adopted from here
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained with 2 tablespoons oil reserved
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
salt and pepper
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, cleaned
1. Heat 2 tablespoons reserved oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.
2. Saute garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. **I used seasoned salt**
4. Place fish in the skillet; cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet.
6. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted but still bright green.
7. Place the spinach on a serving plate; top with fish fillets.
8. Drizzle pan drippings on top and serve.
And here’s my dish… VOILA!!
Happy Friday Folks!
What are your fave fish recipes?
Any exciting weekend plans??